This class will review: Main topics include THE BASICS: Spelling, Punctuation and Usage including Three Tips for Better Spelling, Punctuation Pointers, Proper Word Usage YOUR WRITING STYLE; and Choosing your words carefully. The ability to convey information and to persuade others to take action in writing is a powerful business skill. To be able to do so in a clear and concise manner is exceptional.
As we know from experience, it can be easier to speak than it is to convey our thoughts clearly and concisely in a document. We also realize that interpretation is “tricky” without the ability to discuss content in person.
In this one day format, we will examine the key elements of writing and provide participants with a template that demystifies the writing process. The ability to write, whether in a formal document or an email, is essential. Participants will come away with an enhanced understanding of what it takes to successfully craft their written communication.
This course is for anyone who authors business documents including emails, memos, reports and presentations.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
Participants will learn:
- To use an appropriate style and tone that ensures readability
- To convey thoughts and information with sharpness and clarity
- How to better organize documents focused on the reader’s needs
- The art of crafting sentences that maintain the attention of the reader
- How to edit their document for brevity, while retaining the core concept
- The appropriate guidelines for writing emails, memos, letters or reports