In this one day format, we will examine the key elements of writing and provide participants with a template that demystifies the writing process. The ability to write, whether in a formal document or an email, is essential. Participants will come away with an enhanced understanding of what it takes to successfully craft their written communication professionally in a clear and concise manner.
This class will also review THE BASICS: Spelling, Punctuation and Usage including Three Tips for Better Spelling, Punctuation Pointers, Proper Word Usage YOUR WRITING STYLE; and Choosing your words carefully.
This course is for anyone who authors business documents including emails, memos, reports and presentations.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
- Strengthen overall writing skills to reflect the Federal Plain Language standards in all professional documents.
- Analyze audience to determine appropriate language, level of detail, and format.
- Apply effective writing techniques to communicate with fellow experts as well as general audiences.
- Identify and organize content based on the document’s purpose and the readers’ needs.
- Follow a systematic process for planning, writing, and reviewing business and technical communications.
- Edit and proofread all documents to ensure clarity, content accuracy, and readability.