During this practical workshop, participants will learn and apply techniques to strengthen their core writing skills. The session will focus on Six Characteristics of Effective Business Writing, correct usage, clarity and conciseness, appropriate tone, and guidelines for E-mail communication.
This course is for anyone who authors business documents including emails, memos, reports and presentations.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
- Strengthen overall writing skills to reflect the Federal Plain Language standards in all professional documents.
- Analyze audience to determine appropriate language, level of detail, and format.
- Apply effective writing techniques to communicate with fellow experts as well as general audiences.
- Identify and organize content based on the document’s purpose and the readers’ needs.
- Follow a systematic process for planning, writing, and reviewing business and technical communications.
- Edit and proofread all documents to ensure clarity, content accuracy, and readability.