Often employees are promoted to a level of supervision because they are technically competent in a particular area. Supervisors may not be aware of the various dynamic changes that must occur when moving into a leadership role within the department.
The essentials of basic management philosophy are discussed and analyzed in this program with an emphasis is placed on both theoretical and practical skills.
This program is designed for new and seasoned supervisors.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn about their role as a supervisor.
- Leverage their leadership role and increase their importance by establishing credibility.
- Position oneself for maximum influence regarding the effectiveness of your team.
- Explore the benefits of teamwork.
- Improve success regarding task completion by understanding time management and effective delegation.
- Analyze ones personal supervisory style and identify ways to capitalize on your style.
- Mange effective communication techniques.
- Appreciate the importance of relationships in effective supervision
- Complete a personal development plan to move toward a more collaborative approach to supervision.