This course presents a methodology for creating and validating all types of business requirements that accurately and effectively reflect the essential activities of some portion of a business. This course covers the discovery, creation, documentation, and validation of business, functional, nonfunctional and stakeholder (user) requirements through the creation of Process Models and Use Cases. Hands-on workshops using a JAD format are used to reinforce concepts.
This course is designed for business analysts, quality assurance specialists, project managers, and technical personnel that want to learn to create effective business requirements and validate those requirements.
Introduction to Process Modeling and Data Modeling Essentials are recommended.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Define and identify effective business requirements that are essential to a successful information system.
- Identify, document, and validate business, functional, non-functional and stakeholder requirements.
- Perform effective and efficient requirements management.
- Prepare BPMN based process models.
- Create a Use Case and Decision Table and be able to use them to validate business requirements.
- Create a Requirements Traceability Matrix