With a firm understanding of correct grammar and usage, writers create a more positive impression. This course reviews key elements of grammar: Sentence Structure, Pronoun and Verb Use, Punctuation Pointers, Transition Words, and Commonly Confused Expressions.
This course can be a half or full day workshop.:
Participants should have a fundamental understanding of the English language.
In this half or full day workshop students will:
- Apply principles of language and correct writing mechanics to demonstrate competence and professionalism in all agency documents.
- Identify and eliminate common grammar and usage errors.
- Review fundamental parts of speech and sentence structure as essential to correct expression.
- Strengthen communication through proper verb and pronoun use.
- Apply capitalization, punctuation, and spelling pointers to express ideas accurately.
- Master frequently misused terms, word pairs, and phrases.