One of the most significant factors in our job performance and career success is the quality of our relationship with our boss and other executives. Whether it is the need for resources, support or skill enhancement, a great deal of our effectiveness on the job is related to the “chemistry” that we share.
This program will examine the key elements in building a productive relationship with your boss that ensures your mutual success. Experience has proven that those who wait for their boss to initiate their interactions may receive less support and therefore accomplish less. In addition, those who advance are more likely to evidence a proactive collaboration with their direct report.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants will learn:
- How to identify your boss’s needs and priorities
- How to build rapport and trust in a sincere and direct way
- Informal and formal communication techniques
- To navigate smoothly through office protocol
- To strategically position yourself for growth and advancement opportunities