Creative thinking is a skill that is often overlooked and misunderstood. Too many people will often describe themselves as not being creative, when in fact they possess all that is necessary to become creative thinkers.
Creative thinking is a learned skill. It can be applied in a deliberate and systematic way, rather than be left to inspiration. Creative thinking is the foundation to innovation.
This workshop is an highly interactive session that covers a set of unique and replicable creative thinking techniques that can be applied individually or as a team when looking for more creativity in strategic thinking, innovation, process improvement or marketing. Participants will learn a deliberate, systematic process that helps people break free of stale thinking patterns. The result is innovation that works.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
In this session, you will:
- Create new and practical ideas by using a structured thinking approach
- Challenge the status quo
- Reclaim your curiosity about some of the things you take for granted
- Spark creative thinking by using random stimuli and deliberately provocative statements
- Shorten meeting times significantly
- Adopt a deliberate process for solving problems and finding opportunities
- Reduce adversarial interactions
- Learn to channel the factors that impact thinking: emotion, logic, hope, creativity, skepticismThe program incorporates multiple methods of creative thinking and uses experiential methods throughout the day in a ‘demo then do’ format. It is sure to be energizing, enlightening and engaging.