Coaching for Improved Workplace Performance was designed to equip managers and supervisors with the necessary skills to successfully coach employees.
This interactive course will help you to move out of the directive and problem-solving mode to establish trust, motivate, and help others to move to a future orientation. You will experience various coaching situations through small group interaction and peer coaching, and are encouraged to bring issues you face in the workplace to the session.
This customizable course can be a half day (4 hour session) or a full day (8 hour) session.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Define coaching and discover its benefits to the person
- List characteristics of effective coaches
- Overview active listening and feedback techniques
- Use a coaching process to conduct a face-to-face coaching session
- Match appropriate coaching techniques to behavior styles of employees
- Plan specific actions to apply to their personal coaching situations