In today’s challenging work environment, effective leadership is essential to meet organizational goals. It is imperative that managers develop strong interpersonal skills in order to successfully communicate, motivate and manage the performance of their team.
As a result of attending this program you will be able to:
- Identify the role of Editor as a leader, coach, mentor, teacher, and consultant.
- Describe the characteristics of effective/consistent communication, and identify the barriers to such communication.
- Utilize “active listening” as a means of building effective work relationships and promoting trust.
- Give positive and corrective feedback to promote improved writing skills while building employee self-confidence, and fostering independent thinking and action.
- Recognize your natural coaching (leadership) style and how to flex it to become more effective editors and develop employees into self-reliant achievers.