It is amazing – research indicates that only 3% of the population sets written personal and professional goals on a regular basis. There are many reasons for this, the most prevalent the desire to avoid a sense of failure. With goals, we can clearly see if we do not meet them and if they are not formalized, one can bypass the need for self-assessment.
While understandable in an emotional sense, we pay a great price when we avoid setting goals. For one, we are less likely to achieve higher levels of performance, if we even tackle a particular objective at all. Goal setting is vital to our well being on many levels – to build self confidence, to accomplish more, to reach our most important priorities.
This workshop will demystify the goal setting process and provide methods that make the determination of goals much easier to design. We will also explore how people can overcome their “stumbling blocks” to goal setting and use this process as a way to map out a higher level of success in personal and professional pursuits.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants will learn:
- The elements of successful goal establishment in three steps
- The hidden, and not so hidden, obstacles to performance goals and what to do about them
- The importance and methodology of a monitoring system that measures progress
- How goal setting translates to advancement in organizations and life
- How goals must align with a company’s mission as well as our own personal mission
- To design action plans to ensure goal attainment