Today, more than ever, it is essential to “think outside the box.” Competition is fierce, and the rate of change is frenetic. Business leaders require creative approaches and decisiveness to stay ahead of these market forces. However, as we acquire “expertise” in our field, it becomes increasingly more difficult for many of us to think differently about our work. We all too easily get “in a groove” and find it challenging to see outside our paradigms.
This workshop will explore advanced techniques to generate innovative alternatives and then apply prudent decision-making to select the best options to meet the compelling business needs. Participants will apply the skills taught to actual workplace situations. In this way, everyone will be able to immediately see the value that effective problem solving skills can bring to career success.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants will learn:
- The steps in the creative process
- How to overcome roadblocks to creativity
- Techniques that generate fresh approaches to familiar problems
- The path to effective problem solving and decisions that make a difference
- How to bring out creativity in others
- How to determine alternatives that simplify work methods and streamline work process
- To achieve immediate and continuous improvement through the application of creative problem solving techniques