Today’s successful organizations are embracing quality standards throughout the workplace. Unfortunately, one important area is often overlooked: Business Communication.
Consider: Every year American institutions and corporations lose millions of dollars as a result of poor communication. This ineffective communication wastes valuable time, creates misunderstanding, and alienates customers. While new technology has simplified the process of writing business documents, designing effective graphics, and sending electronic mail, there is no substitute for the human effort involved.
Students will practice a 4-step writing process that covers planning your document, writing your document, and editing and formatting your document. This process enables you to reduce writing time, improve the quality of your writing, and ensure that your writing is focused on the reader.
This course is for anyone who authors business documents including emails, memos, reports and presentations.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
As a result of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply Six Characteristics of Good Business Writing to all types of documents.
- Follow The Writing Process to strengthen your communication.
- Focus on your purpose and readers to target results.
- Select positive strategies to overcome writer’s block.
- Organize and present information for greatest impact.
- Choose reader-focused page design and graphic techniques to enhance your message.