As businesses compete on a national and international basis, there is the continuing need to work with teams that are remotely located and have little, if any, contact with the other group members and/or their manager. This presents leaders and team members with a number of unique challenges that have to be overcome if the business is to operate effectively.
This session focuses on the tools and techniques that work best in working with virtual teams in the pursuit of organizational objectives. Special attention will be given to planning and communication, as well as innovative ways to keep everyone highly motivated and focused.
This course can be a half or full day session.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
Participants will learn how to:
- Establish crystal clear goals and objectives
- Facilitate accurate and timely communication by phone, instant messaging, and email
- Plan proactively to ensure that distance does not create barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Maintain a high level of motivation and energy with field employees Repair relationships previously damaged by earlier conflicts
- Resolve differences in a productive manner
- Improve accessibility without face to face contact