This workshop is designed to provide participants with a greater awareness of how perceptions are influencing our behavior and, more importantly, how to shape our interaction with others in a way that is likely to promote smoother and better work out output. This is not as easy as it may sound given a fast-paced, pressure-filled environment that demands more in less time, where much of our communication in through technology.
An analogy for collaboration can be the life cycle of a couple. In the romantic stages of dating, harmony comes easily because both are trying please the other. After marriage, power struggles may begin and each couple has to find their way to their balance of power based on their shared goals, personalities, talents they bring to the table and stage of life.
Perhaps in order for true collaboration to occur, there needs to be balance of power. Each side has a power position to use for mutual benefit of the whole. If the power bases get too unbalanced, the couple or the project or the business venture may be in peril.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
- Understand reasons for and barriers to successful collaboration
- Learn how to adapt your natural “conflict style”
- Learn a Collaboration Model and apply it to different situations
- Expand your capacity to collaborate through 5 powerful methods
- Improve you Collaborative Communication Skills
- Enhance your ability to respond to challenges to collaboration.