To be effective, business writers need to prepare documents that are reader-focused, well-organized, and results-oriented. During this course, participants will apply proven strategies for crafting clear, purposeful, high impact communications. By following the Writing Roadmap, they will improve their ability to plan, organize, write, and edit important documents.
Class can be one or two days and customized to client needs.
- Strengthen overall writing skills to reflect the Federal Plain Language standards in all professional documents.
- Analyze your audience to determine appropriate language, level of detail, and format.
- Improve ability to prepare complex documents for fellow experts as well for general audiences.
- Define a document’s purpose, outline key points, and logically organize the content for positive outcomes.
- Identify strategies for working with other authors on a team and breaking down complex documents into manageable segments.
- Demonstrate correct grammar, punctuation, word choice in all written communication.Follow a systematic process for to edit and proofread documents for clarity and readability.