This workshop uses respect as a platform for understanding the broader concept of diversity and incorporates important information on how to change a culture and implement changes in their workplace. Participants review the laws that prevent harassment including sexual harassment. Participants will leave with the tools necessary to implement a plan of action for their desired respectful workplace vision.
This dynamic half-day process integrates four major themes – Awareness, Behavior, Respect and Change – into a coherent and thought-provoking experience where participants explore the benefits of respectful behaviors in their personal and professional lives.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
- Helps participants define exactly what respect should look like within the workplace
- Identifies disrespectful behaviors that can damage morale and productivity
- Explains the impact that stereotypes have on our actions and decisions
- Explores the role that attitudes play in promoting respectful workplaces
- Managing fears and prejudices with uncomfortable issues such as cultural bias, affirmative action, labeling and joking
- Removing organizational and interpersonal barriers through effective communication and sensitivity skills.
- Identifying the types and forms of sexual harassment
- Review State and federal laws, rules, and regulations on sexual harassment
- Preventative measures to adopt to ensure a safe working environment
- Employers’ duties in preventing sexual harassment in the workplace
- Remedies for victims of sexual harassment.
- Promotes respect for both self and others as an organizational value
- Strategies for creating synergistic relationships in today’s competitive, diverse and ever changing world.