This course will provide practical resources, tools, and methods that can be used by individuals moving from a staff member to supervisor role in the near future, or those who have just recently moved into a supervisory role. This intensive training focuses on the unique challenges managers and supervisors face every day.
Participants will explore useful techniques for delegating, providing effective feedback, establishing performance standards, and coaching staff, among others. Students will learn to develop a set of best practices for handling the supervisory issues that challenge them most.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Making the Transition from Staff Member to Leader – an overview
Leadership – A New Role
- Top 10 Skills of Effective Leaders
- Additional Traits and Characteristics
Establishing Credibility and Presence
Understanding Communication Style Preferences – yours and others
The Art of Effective Delegation – 360
Empowering your Team Members
The Essentials of Constructive Feedback
Two Types of Feedback â€“ Reinforcing and Developmental
Effective Performance Communication
Shifts in Time, Priorities and Values
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and manage the changing of roles
- Establish appropriate leadership presence and credibility
- Effectively communicate with bosses, peers and employees with different style preferences
- Delegate tasks to others focusing on clear quality standards
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Gain techniques and strategies to manage time and schedule workload