While many find it hard to admit, we are predominately creatures of habit. We prefer the known to the unknown, the familiar to the unfamiliar. Unfortunately, as current times remind us, the rate of change continues to accelerate and there is little that we can do to avoid it. If we try to resist it, we are going to be left behind – in our careers and our personal lives. The good news is that there are tangible skills we can learn to adapt to this change, which once learned can help others to master them as well.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
- Adjust to the hectic pace and rapidly changing priorities
- Maintaining a positive work environment in the face of uncertainty.
- See change as an ally and a promising new beginning
- Gain a greater comfort level with technological change
- Get comfortable with “doing more with less”
- Assist others in their work group to manage change
- Design proactive strategies to minimize the disruptive aspects of uncertainty
- Regaining a sense of control and balance