How do you stand out from the crowd and promote yourself in a positive manner without bragging? How do you use the Social Media Channels effectively to promote your abilities and manage your reputation? What exactly do you need to include in your Resume and where to post it to get maximum results. Do you want to take your career by the horns and lead being proactive or do you want to be told what to do and just react? How do you come across to others on a “First Impression”, and do you have to undo that impression? If you want to create goals, establish priorities, determine what is right for your career and what is a blind alley, then come to this class. Can you afford not to?
There are no preresquisites for this class.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the what’s and why’s of working within a company’s political structure. 1) Personal Brand Busters
- Generate a person S.W.O.T. to assist in the analysis of your strengths and weaknesses. 1) Getting Real with Ourselves
- Identify the roadblocks that prevent you from reaching your goals and creating a positive message. 1) Overcoming mental obstacles
- What are the cultural differences when creating your image for different generations. 1) What makes us different? Celebrate our differences.
- Generate a positive image following these very important social etiquette manners.
- Establish a personal “niche” and find the ways to use that niche to separate yourself from the flock. 1) Invert the S.W.O.T.
- Create your own personal brand and understand how it applies to your career and personal life.
- Tagline for Authenticity
- Create your “elevator pitch” describing your strengths and exactly how you can help. 1) 8 Words or Less
- Determine a path for action and establish personal goals.
- Use social media to promote your professional side and avoid creating a negative image 1) LinkedIn 2) Facebook 3) Twitter??? 4) Storify???
- Learn how to enhance your BLOG using Story telling techniques
- Stories: Who I Am – Why I Am Here -My Vision – Teaching Story Values in Action – I Know what you are Thinking
- Learn how to use the online connections to make real opportunities 1) LinkedIn
- Creating and committing to an action plan 1) based on the path for action – personal goals