As a government professional, you have the opportunity to master strategies for career advancement. By participating in this workshop, you will become more knowledgeable about available resources and steps to follow in preparing federal resumes and applying for targeted government positions.
As a result of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Follow a proven process for securing federal job opportunities.
- Tailor federal resumes for specific position openings.
- Demonstrate competency in using the resources located on www.usajobs.com.
- Choose effective resume language and formats to improve readability.
- Develop strong Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities statements to highlight specialized experience and accomplishments.
- Course Introduction
- Baseline Exercise
- Getting Started
- 2010 Federal Hiring Reform
- The Application Process
- Create an Account in USAJOBS
- Search Jobs
- Prepare Your Resume
- Respond to Assessment Questionnaires
- Complete the Application
- Ten Tactics for Results-Oriented Resumes
- Writing Tips
- Wordy Expressions
- Quick Tips for Stronger Words and Sentences
- Related References
- Career Development Action Plan