Organizations are required to respond to customers rapidly, incorporate new technologies, and implement continuous improvements in their operations. One of the best ways to facilitate change is through effective leaders who understand the impact of change.
This workshop will give any leader tools to implement changes more smoothly and to have those changes better accepted. This workshop will also give all participants an understanding of how change is implemented and some tools for managing their reactions to change.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
After completing this course this course the participant will:
- Know steps necessary for preparing a change strategy and building support for the change
- Describe the WIFM – the individual motivators for change
- Use needed components to develop a change management and communications plans, and to list implementation strategies
- Employ strategies for gathering data, addressing concerns and issues, evaluating options and adapting a change direction
- Utilize methods for leading change project status meetings, celebrating a successful change implementation, and sharing the results and benefits
- Describe the four states of Appreciative Inquiry, its purposes, and sample uses in case studies
- Use strategies for aligning people with a change, appealing to emotions and facts
- Describe the importance of resiliency in the context of change, and employ strategies the change leader and individual change participant can use to foster resiliency
- Explain the importance of flexibility in the context of change, and demonstrate methods the change leader and individual change participant can use to promote flexibility