This course is designed to explore the more advanced features of CICS. Participants are exposed to functions not widely understood, yet necessary in today’s large mainframe environment. Particular attention is paid to some of the more helpful advanced screen handling techniques of CICS. Topics presented on CICS Recovery Facilities directly affect all CICS programs. Practical examples are given throughout the course.
The successful student will have a minimum of 6-9 months active CICS programming experience.
- Storage Efficiency Techniques
- Map Generation Considerations
- Editing Considerations
- Temporary Storage, Transient Data, Journal Control
- Advanced Screen Handling Techniques
- Message Routing
- Access to Task & System Parameters
- Interval Control
- CICS Inter-Communication